Wednesday 17 April 2013

Real Techniques Update

So a couple of months ago I purchased the Real Techniques Core Collection. I had given into temptation and all the hype surrounding them, although I wasn't really in need of more brushes!

As I said in my original post, this collection retails in Boots at £21.99 which I think is an amazing deal considering the quality and hype they have created. They easily measure up to and win over any other brushes I own - MAC, Eco Tools, Stigma etc.

Im going to talk about the brushes in the order that I spoke about them in my original post which I will provide the link for below (go and look at that to see what Sam Chapman the creator recommends each brush is used for). This way you will be able to easily compare my first impressions and how I feel about them now.

The first brush is the detailer brush. The brush head is really small and originally I used it for applying lipstick and gloss. However, over time I have come to not use this brush at all which is bad as it also means I mix lipstick colours on the odd occasion... I don't really have any more to say on this brush other than considering the rest of the collection its a disappointment.



The next brush is the pointed foundation brush. To begin with I used this for applying primer as I feel it is too small for actual foundation application. When I purchased the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, I didn't want to use my fingers to blend it with (I'm not quite sure why!) so I began to use this brush for blending my concealer in, and its great for this purpose.



Next up is the buffing brush. Which I declared as my second favourite...well it is definitely joint first now! I use this for buffing concealer into foundation, blush into bronzer, erasing harsh highlight lines - the list goes on! Certainly a winner in my eyes!



The final brush in the contour brush (it is smaller and more delicate than the photo looks!) This is the brush that also comes joint first in my eyes. It does exactly what it says on the tin - a cliché but totally true! The contour that it produces is soft and dewy and looks really natural and effortless - something I look for as no one wants a harsh line marking their lower cheek/jaw area!



And thats it! An update on my Real Techniques Core Collection. I cannot recommend these brushes enough and if you haven't go these then go and get some!

I use these brushes everyday with the exception of the detailer brush and do not know what I would now do without them as they are an essential part of my makeup bag and tool collection. They go everywhere with me, holiday, school, handbag makeup bag - literally everywhere. Whenever I do someone else's makeup like my mums I have to use them as I prefer the finish they give to the usual brushes. 

They certainly rival MAC and my 187 brush hasn't had the same use that it used to - sad but true. However, this doesn't mean that I would never use anything other than the Real Techniques brushes again as I haven't got the whole set. I am certainly going to buy some more, starting with the stippling brush!

Let me know what brushes you use or if you have any Real Techniques brushes in the comments below!

Here is the link to my original post where you can read about my first impressions after using them for a couple of weeks and also read about the brushes in a bit more detail - what they're made from, more about Sam Chapman and also read what the packaging suggests you use each brush for!

http://jessieobsessed.blogspot.pt/2013/03/real-technique-brushes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment