Monday 18 February 2013

Manicure Monday

So I'm going to try and start a new 'thing' on my blog. You may of seen these on other people's blogs, but I am going to start my own 'Manicure Monday'.

Seeing as I am going to London Fashion Week tomorrow (I am so excited!) I thought I would give myself a DIY nail treatment. There won't be as many steps every time, but seeing as I went to town a bit there's a bit more included!

First of all I applied Badger's Cuticle Care oil to my nails so that my cuticles would soften and I would be able to push them back. You can get many different types of cuticle oils but this smells gorgeous and the tin is really cute! Just look in your local drugstore to find one.


Next I pushed back my cuticles using a metal pointed file and trimmed using a pair of nail scissors and then covered my nails in the cuticle oil again before wrapping them in foil. You don't need special foil for this, kitchen foil works great and is what I used. The aim of wrapping your nails in the foil is to lock in the moisture from the oil, softening the cuticle and nail bed.


I let that soak in for ten minutes (this is where I will point out I did all this whilst watching Crazy Stupid Love with Ryan Gosling in!). After that was done, I filed and buffed my nails using a four way buffer. Usually I hate these things because I'm in a rush and don't have time to do it properly. However, today I sat and concentrated and it actually worked really well and I was impressed with the results. Mine is from Models Own, but the Boots and Superdrug own brand ones work just as well!


Then I applied my Mavala Scientifique Penetrating Nail Hardener. This is a new product I am trying out because I have really weak nails so I though I would give this a go. So far its really good and it soaks into the nail after you have applied it which I didn't realise at first! You are supposed to apply one to two coats per week due to the strength of the product, so I'm hoping it will work well!


Finally, I applied my nail colour! Usually I'm a Nails Inc. or Topshop polish girl, but when I went to the Clothes Show Live in December, I got a Rimmel make up gift and it contained three polishes. I fell in love with two of them and gave the glitter one to my sister. The colour I am wearing is 416 Night Flight and is a deep purple. For tomorrow, I wanted to have really dark nails so I have applied two to three coats to give me a deep, dark purple but not so dark its black.



I added a No.7 top coat when the polish was dry just to add shine and make the colour last longer. I also tidied up my nails using a nail polish remover and some cotton buds by just running it along the nail bed and the sides.

I hope you liked this Manicure Monday post and also a DIY manicure post and I will try to upload a new manicure every Monday!

Keep posted for my photos from Fashion Week tomorrow and also my photos from in and around London, the Valentino exhibition I'm going to and the Picasso exhibition I will be visiting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment