Thursday 21 February 2013

10 Shades of Red, Pink and Brown...

As I was clearing through my makeup collection, tidying and cleaning through all my products and taking some snaps to use in future blog posts, I came across my lip draw and saw many of my favourite lip colours.

In my Fashion Week post, I commented on someones beautiful pink lip teamed with nude makeup. A pink lip is my go-to gem. It can add a spot of glamour and elegance to any outfit and can be teamed with virtually anything.

So, in clearing out and sorting through all my make up bits and bobs I compiled my top 10 lipsticks in the red/pink/brown shades category. Here is what I came up with...


The lipsticks left to right are:

Rimmel Lasting Colour, number 12, Valentine
No.7 Moisture Drenching, number 55, Pink Crush
No.7 Stay Perfect, Classic Rose
Shiseido, Perfect Rouge
Estee Lauder, number 06,Lush Rose
Barry M, number 52
Barry M, number 155
Estee Lauder, number 161, Pink Parfait
No.7 Moisture Drenching, number 75, Sugar Plum
Benefit, Thrillin' Brazillian


I like my lipsticks to look glossy as I find adding a gloss over the top of a lipstick can look heavy, make your lips sticky and on me, I find they come off quicker. 

For the Rimmel lipstick, this is slightly too gloss for my liking, and so I tend to blot it on a tissue after applying and wear a red lip liner underneath to give the lipstick something to stick too.

I tend to rarely wear 'brown' coloured lipstick, however, the Benefit lipstick is more tan and looks great with neutral make up on holiday when you have a bronzed glow.

You may wonder why I haven't featured any Mac lipsticks in my collection. If I was going to do a list including Mac then the whole list would be by Mac! I felt that some of these shades are similar to Mac colours and so gave a fresh alternative to the Mac colours people tend to show. I am thinking of doing a Mac lipgloss collection though because I seem to have thousands of them all over the place!

A bright lip is certainly one of my favourite things to wear and I prefer wearing bright lipstick to a heavy smokey eye. It can add colour to a monochrome or dark outfit and lights up your face.

I can't wait for spring and summer to arrive as then I can wear even more bright lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment