Tuesday 19 February 2013

London Fashion Week

Today I went to London Fashion Week 2013! Today was the last day and there was such a buzz in and around Sommerset House which is where the main event happens. This year, Manolo Blahnik designed the backdrop for Fashion Week. Inside the 'Little Black Book' which contains all the details for press and buyers at LFW, Blahnik says 'English women and their style inspire me tremendously. [The] series of drawings represents some of the figures [he] adores...'.


Being in and around Sommerset House Courtyard Show Space provided me with excellent views of the fashion famous, press, bloggers, buyers and general public which had turned out in their masses. If you have never been to LFW, then it is a great place for people watching with its numerous eateries and coffee shops. You will find many of the fashion elite sitting chatting over a coffee and press and buyers roaming the cobbles of the courtyard. I lost count the number of times I walked around, snapping away at anything and everything that caught my imagination. Everyone is carrying a camera or a piece of recording equipment and wandering up to strangers asking to photograph their fur coat (of which there were lots of in an array of colours) or their studded Louboutins (of which I saw many).

All of the subjects of my photos remain anonymous, letting their personal style shine through. This one buyer caught my attention with her immaculate, bare minimum make up with pink lip and white fur coat.


As for the rest of the people I snapped away at, they have mainly been caught on my camera for their original and unique style or individuality. Colour is definitely going to be big this autumn/winter and these fashion goers prove just that...


I love her pearl headress and denim/fur combo - an off duty style winner for me.


Original, with a hint of colour. I love his man (clutch) bag, although he was brave to wear shorts today - it was cold when you were out of the sun!


I love her acrylic Chanel 'dripping' earrings and her studded shoulder blazer. Striped jeans were everywhere today and LFW darling Cara Delevingne has been seen leaving shows wearing some herself!

So there are just a very small selection of some of my favourite snaps of today. My first LFW experience was amazing and I will certainly be back in September for more fashion goodness.

I would like to thank everyone who allowed me to photograph them today and talked to me about what they were wearing and their thoughts on London Fashion Week.


No comments:

Post a Comment