Tuesday 5 February 2013

Hair Care Routine

I wash my hair every other day with Loreal Elvive Nutri -  Gloss Crystal shampoo and conditioner. My hair is dry and damaged after years of straightening it so I need a shampoo that will add moisture and a conditioner that will strengthen it.

My hair is really curly and although I don't mind it being curly too much, I don't like having it curly for school because it goes everywhere and for some reason falls out of my hair tie more easily? Or maybe thats just me...


Every other wash, I use a hair mask because I dip dyed the ends of my hair during the holidays with bleach and so they are all damaged and rough. I don't like not having silky hair and I find that the Elvive Full Restore 5 60 Second Saviour to add more moisture again.


When I straighten my hair I try to use a heat protector spray, but I'm often in a rush or can't be bothered or something thats not really an excuse. Anyway, nine times out of ten I don't use a heat protectant.

There are plenty of cheap and expensive shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, hair sprays, protectors and all that down the hair care aisle at Boots, sometimes it can be tricky knowing what one to buy (I may or may not have brought the best smelling one before regardless of what its supposed to do!)

My top ten hair care tips are....

1. Change your shampoo and conditioner regularly so your hair doesn't become   immune to it.

2. Try to minimise the amount of heat you use on your hair and use heat protector!

3. Brush your hair through while the conditioner is in to get tangle free, shiny, silky hair

4. Condition from mid - length to tips and not your roots. This weighs hair down and makes your hair oily faster

5. Gently squeeze out excess water. Rubbing with a towel damages the hair follicle 

6. Make sure hair is properly dry before styling with heat to avoid the 'fuzzy/frizzy' look

7. Use a treatment mask once a week to repair limp and damaged hair

8. Get your hair cut regularly to avoid split ends

9. Rinse your hair of shampoo, conditioner and product throughly 

10. Eat a well balanced diet to maintain healthy hair



No comments:

Post a Comment