Friday 31 May 2013

Prom Series: Prom Hair Update

Just a quick update on prom hair ideas...

Today I went to my salon to have my prom hair trial and I am really pleased with the results and think it looks really nice and great with my dress! I'm not going to show you any pictures yet as I don't want people from my school seeing what I am wearing until the night!

The reason why I am doing this update is because to begin with I wasn't happy with how they did my hair and so I told the stylist what I wanted to be changed.

This brings me on to the update... following on from my prom hair post, I gave some tips for doing your hair yourself or going to a salon and I mentioned voicing your opinion.

My stylist spent almost and hour doing my hair - pinning, curling, straightening, spraying etc. and it looked lovely, but it wasn't 'me'. However, it was her interpretation of a photo I showed her. She did nothing I hadn't asked her to do or something I hadn't shown her.

I sat there with my mum and we both agreed that the style wasn't me and wasn't something that I would usually consider. I felt really bad that after basically an hour of styling my stylist was going to have to take the whole thing out and re do it, but at the end of the day, your paying the stylist to create something you love!

The whole time my stylist was asking if this was what I wanted or was it too/not  curly enough etc. She really reassured me that she would be happy to spend as long as it took to get it right.

I asked for not too much product in my hair so it wasn't 'crispy' or 'hard' and she listened - she put next to nothing texture mousse in and little hairspray - exactly what I wanted!

The moral/point of the update is to make sure your not afraid of hurting the stylists feelings for not liking what they have done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment