Tuesday 21 May 2013

Magazines I Read

Loads of people ask me which magazines I read and where I get my inspiration from. I only read a select few magazines and it tends to be the same every month, although when I'm travelling I sometimes pick up one or two general celebrity gossip mags rather than high end fashion magazines.

Last year I was given a Glamour magazine subscription and that was really good. I love there back page where its alway about tattoos you should never get or drunk mistakes - just silly little things. The fashion is great as it always has various edits as well as shoots. The fashion is high end so it is very glamours and not for those who are working to a budget! The Glamour beauty is good, although personally I prefer Vogue's beauty edits. As well as all the fashion and beauty, Glamour contains real life stories, celebrity lunch dates and excellent formal articles on topic which matter.




Any girl who is in to fashion will tell you she reads Vogue. I am no exception to that rule. I have been buying Vogue for years and always tear out pages of fashion edits from it to stick in my fashion and beauty scrap book. I also seem to remember at one point tearing out all the advertisements and sticking them on my bedroom wall so it was covered in Mulberry and Ralph Lauren campaigns. I also just recently got a two year Vogue subscription so I will never miss an issue.


A great thing about subscriptions is that you don't ever miss an issue as it is delivered straight to your door as well as being cheaper than buying a copy every month...AND... you get it before it goes on sale which is an added bonus which I enjoy! 

In answer to where I get my inspiration from, it comes from all over the place. I love looking in magazines to see what new trends there are and having a look to see what celebrities have been wearing on the red carpet or when they are out and about. People that I like to follow for fashion inspiration are Olivia Palermo, Miranda Kerr and Poppy Delevingne, and for make up inspiration I like to look at the Kardashians, Leighton Meester and Blake Lively.

I like to people watch and have a look at what other people are wearing. Depending on where I am depends what 'type' of people watching I do. When I'm in London I love sitting in cute cafes or restaurants and looking at peoples style and taking inspiration from them.

Social media and networks is also great. Instagram is full of people posting images of their outfits and nails or products that they love. Another great way to gather ideas is Pinterest as you can just have a look or create your own board which I would describe as virtual scrapbooking!

As I mentioned earlier, I have a fashion and beauty scrap book which is an A3 sized scrap book from Paperchase. I decorated the front cover and stuck postcards of Audrey Hepburn on and then inside I glue in magazine images, photographs or samples - whatever takes my fancy. Sometimes I will write down words and brainstorm what comes to mind when I think of those words such as Militaristic makes me think of khaki greens, leather, boots, jackets etc. When I'm deciding on an outfit to wear I will look through my scrap book for ideas. Its also a great place to put photos of outfits I have worn and reminders and personal inspiration. Another reason why I love fashion scrapbooking is because in years to come I will be able to look back and see what trends where in and what I liked to wear!

I highly recommend getting a magazine subscription and starting a fashion scrap book, or a scrap book on anything your interested in as its so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment