Thursday 23 May 2013

Stiletto Nails

There seems to be a big craze at the moment for 'stiletto nails'. These are the long, thin, pointed nails that celebrities such as Rihanna and Rita Ora seem to be wearing at the moment. I'm a fan of these nails as they look really cute when they are decorated with intricate nail art and 3D embellishments such as bows and crystals.

There are various ways that you can achieve this look, the most obvious being to get acrylic nails or acrylic tips in the pointed shape. Other ways would be to buy regular false nails and then cut at the sides using nail clippers and then filing at the edges to smooth out and make the point. Or you could buy false nails in the pointed 'stiletto' trend. When I have been looking I couldn't see anything on websites such as Amazon and Ebay that were selling full nails in this shape, what you could buy were nail tips in the pointed shape.

When looking through Lily Melrose's Instagram, she posted a picture of some false nails that her mum had picked up for her from Primark that had a cute tropical fruit design on them and so when I next go shopping I will hunt them down! 

However, as you can't shop online at Primark, I Google imaged 'Primark false nails' to see what came up - what I saw were cute cupcake and spotty designs AND... long pointed nails! The photo is from January so hopefully they are still in stock, but the packaging says 'new' on it so I will presume so!

I have never purchased any Primark beauty products what so ever, and so I have no idea how good these nails will be (whether or not the adhesive is glue/tabs, how long they stay on for etc.) so I hope to purchase some soon and do a review on them. Also they are only £1 and so I don't think you can really go wrong!


Cute cupcakes

Stiletto Nails

This seems a very long post, but the point of it was to let you know where to find these style nails and cute nail art designs. From the image above, you can see that the nails are in the french manicure style, which personally I think looks strange on nails with such a long tip and point. Therefore, I would paint mine and cover them in cute nail art and 3D designs.

I have been searching Google and Pinterest for the best stiletto nail art designs and I am going to post some pictures of the ones I like best! Also, I know that the point can be quite harsh and so I thought I would post some designs with a softer, more rounded tip whilst still looking different from your average mani. 

Glitter, chains and points in one!

Ah-May-Zing!

Cute baby pinks and bows

Bright whites

Chanel and bows

Glitter, crystals and intricate designs

Soft nude shade

Matte black and pointed

Softer points and bows

Softer points and intricate designs


What do you think of this new nail trend? Go to my Pinterest boards to see my board dedicated to nail art for more inspiration.

1 comment: