Wednesday 29 May 2013

Prom Series: Final Stages

Most people are probably on half term at the moment, which means in between revising it is the perfect time to finish getting ready for your prom!

There still may be a few bits and pieces that you need to buy such as undergarments and accessories. All of your appointments should be booked at this stage and half term is a great time to hold hair and make up trials.

On Friday, I am going for my hair trial which I am looking forward to, however I'm still not 100% sure how I want to have my hair. I'm going to take some photos with me of styles that I like and also some of my dress so my stylist can see how the dress hangs.

If you are doing your make up yourself, then I suggest you try it on a day when you have done your hair how it will be for prom so that you can see how it will all look together.

The very last things that you will need to think about is your nail colour and fake tan. 

You will want a nail colour that will reflect your personality and compliment your dress. Many people choose to go for the classic colours such as reds and nudes, however, bright colours can look great with a tan.

If your going for a spray tan, you should choose a salon where you have been before. As I have mentioned before, the days before prom and on prom itself is not the time to be trying new techniques and shades - you don't want to turn up looking orange!

Also, if you are fake tanning yourself, then make sure you start a few days before the prom date so you can gradually build up the colour and have time to solve any problems that may arise. A good alternative to fake tan is a wash off fake tan as you can just apply it to the areas that will be visible such as legs, arms and chest. Wash off is usually less streaky and because you can wash it off, its great if you make a mistake. Make sure that if your going to an after party where you may be going in a pool/hot tub it will come off!


Here is the link to my fake tan post:

www.jessieobsessed.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/fake-tan-holiday-routine.html


No comments:

Post a Comment