Thursday 6 June 2013

Pamper Evening Essentials

Every now and then I like to take moment to have a nice long bath and then spend some time polishing and preening myself.

Taking a long hot bath is perfect if your feeling stressed or tired and also a great way for preparing for an event or holiday. Although this post is not part of my Prom Series, it is certainly a routine that I will follow before my prom!

My first tip is make sure that you have enough time to have a long bath, allowing time for face masks, eye masks, nail polish to dry, lotions to soak in etc.

To begin with I like to run a reasonably hot bath and run some Sanctuary luxury bath float under the water to add bubbles and a heavenly scent. Now its time to prepare...

Whist the bath is running I will light some candles around my bath. Depending on what bath products I am using depends what candles I light as sometimes the scents can clash. I keep a candle with no scent in my bathroom so it adds the ambience but no scent. Current favourites are White Company Seychelles, Urban Outfitters Vanilla and Ginger and Party Time which is available at John Lewis.

Once the bath is run, I can happily spend hours soaking whist reading books, magazines, checking Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc... When I am ready, I will use a body scrub to cleanse my skin. A favourite is the Sanctuary body scrub.

After my bath, I will get out and dry off. At this point, I will apply a body moisturiser or oil such as the Sanctuary moisture spray. Next I will wash my face using a cleanser or face wash, usually the Benefit foaming cleanser.

Once done, I will apply a face mask. Currently I have been using the Superdrug own brand of self heating face masks which come in amazing scents! Whilst this is setting, I will take time to apply nail polish and let it dry. Usually I do a full manicure and pedicure, tidying up my nails and applying treatments such as nail hardener etc.

Once I have washed/peeled off the face mask, I can than pluck my eyebrows if they need doing. Usually by this point, my body lotion/oil has sunk in enough for my to apply some fake tan. Its always St Tropez mousse or lotion with a mitt!

To allow time for my tan to sink in, I will read in bed or watch a movie with some chocolate. Once I am ready for bed, I will pop on a cool gel eye mask that has been chilled in the fridge. 

There is one pamper evening essentials guide, thats perfect for the day before an event or during the day before a night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment