Monday 6 May 2013

Shopping Haul, Manicure Monday, What I Did Today

I warn you now, this could be a long post!

Anyway, I'm going to begin by stating the obvious and say that this isn't a prom series post... after doing a good few posts in this series, I realise that for my readers who come to read beauty reviews and hauls and who aren't going to a prom, it could get a bit boring. So today's post is all about what I have been up to recently...

On Sunday I went out for lunch with some friends and afterwards (as well as before hand) we did a spot of shopping. As my birthday is just around the corner (next Sunday!) I didn't buy too much...however, everything was beauty related and so I'm going to show you all what I brought.

Firstly after reading Lily Pebbles' review on the Topshop highlighters that she recently purchased, I decided that I would go out and buy them myself to try them out and review them. When paying at the till, I let slip that I was buying them thanks to Lily and the assistant said she read Lily's post too! I will link Lily's review below so you can read her opinions on these gorgeous products! (This isn't my review on them, that will be coming soon!)

Topshop Glow in Polished
Topshop Sunbeam

Lily Pebbles' Review:
http://www.whatihearttoday.com/2013/05/topshop-highlighters.html

Next I popped into Boots and spent ages in there...literally ages. I picked up some Katy Perry for Eyelure eyelashes because I was looking for the Mille Mackintosh ones but couldn't see them :-( however these Cool Kitty ones look lush and I can't wait to try them!

Katy Perry Eyelashes in Cool Kitty

I also got a new Essie nail polish in Cute As A Button which is a gorgeous coraly, pinky summer shade that is so warm and summery and makes me feel happy. It is certainly a shade that will be featuring heavily on my nails this summer! So todays Manicure Monday is Essie Cute As A Button!




I then went to Superdrug which was probably a bad idea in some ways... I picked up the Real Techniques Stippling Brush which I have been wanting ever since I purchased the Core Collection. The reason why I held off was because I was so in love with my MAC 187 and I didn't want to disregard it and hardly ever use the amazing makeup brush that cost me close to £40...however, I gave in and brought it and it is amazing! I will be doing a full review of it soon as I only got it yesterday but already I can tell that I'm going to love it and it will become one of my favourites!


I also got a new, cheap moisturiser because my skin is really dry at the moment and what with the weather warming up I will probably want to start fake tanning so I need nice soft skin! E45 cream is something that I have used in the past to help dry skin etc. 


The last thing I got from Superdrug was the Accessorize 4D nails in Stardom. Basically these are the Ciate Caviar nails but they are only £5, and after having spent an arm and a leg on the velvet nails set which I was disappointed with, I would buy a cheaper version and see how I get on. I'm really excited to use this set as I think the blue colour scheme is really pretty. Lets hope they last!


The last thing that I picked up was a new Bubblegum Lip Scrub from lush as I have really dry, chapped lips at the moment and so though I would buy myself a new lip scrub...


A few of these products I will soon be writing reviews for so stay tuned!

More of an unusual part to my blog...Today, I went to a farm with my friend Lucy and we had a great time holding baby animals like goats, ducklings, goslings, piglets and rabbits as well as feeding sheep! Here's me holding a baby goat!


Hope you all had a lovely sunny bank holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment