Thursday 7 March 2013

Real Technique Brushes

Recently I brought myself the Real Techniques Core Collection brushes as everyone has been talking about them for so long and I felt I was in need of some new brushes.

I thought that the core collection would be the best set to start with as I have the MAC 187 brush which is a large stippling brush and so I didn't feel the need to buy the stippling brush separately! 

The collection comes with four brushes which personally I think are just as amazing as MAC brushes. They are also really reasonably priced at £21.99 at Boots - this also is great considering my 187 brush was nearing £35 for one!

Core Collection Brushes with stand/case

The first brush I am going to show you is the Detailer Brush. I should mention here that the on the back of the packaging it suggests what you use the brushes for which is handy if you want some help/inspiration! The packaging suggests that you use this brush for concealing problem areas or using it for lipstick. Many of the core collection reviews I have seen/read have said that this brush is a let down considering the rest are amazing. Personally I have only used this brush when applying a lipstick because the head is too small for anything else.

Detailer Brush

The next brush is the Pointed Foundation Brush which again I personally think is too small but I love to use it for things like primer where you don't need to apply the product to your whole face and just use it on target and problem areas. This brush is also great for blending in your concealer and touch ups during the day.

Pointed Foundation Brush

The Buffing Brush is my second favourite in the collection. It is ideal for full face coverage when using powder and mineral foundation. I like to use it for blending and running over any lines once my make up is done. Its also really useful when applying a setting powder or when doing touch ups.

Buffing Brush

The final brush in the collection is my favourite and from all the reviews that I have read seems to be most peoples too! The Contour Brush can be used to apply highlighter, blush and bronzer to the apples of your cheeks, cheekbones, or for contouring your face. The brush is nicely tapered so it fits to your face really well and is perfect for doing all the jobs it promises!

Contour Brush
(this brush is smaller and more delicate)

As I said, these brushes are amazing quality - they are so soft and do their job perfectly. Because the bristles are made from taklon they don't soak up liquid products because they are synthetic and so it means your not wasting product and you don't need to wash them as often! This said you should still wash you brushes every week! 

They are really affordable and I suggest everyone should own at least one! However, for one brush it costs anywhere between £7 and £12 for the stippling brush. Therefore, I would buy all three collections as I think it is better value for money getting all the brushes rather than just a few!

Many of you probably know that Real Techniques was created by Samantha Chapman from Pixiwoo which she does with her sister Nic, from YouTube. I 100% recommend that you go and look at their videos because they offer great tips, high street alternatives to luxury brands and they always look lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment