Monday 11 March 2013

Manicure Monday

This weeks manicure is from yesterdays Mother's Day lunch. As I said in my OOTD post, I was wearing Fiji by Essie.

This colour is being worn everywhere and everyone is blogging about Fiji and tonnes of other Essie colours. There colours are amazing! There are always at least three shades of each colour so you are bound to find something suitable for you skin tone/mood/outfit etc.

Essie also do really good topcoats (which I always use). They do a couple of different 'types' including a chip resistant one which is what I have, a strengthening one and a high shine one among others. I would certainly recommend any of their colours and topcoats.

Although I love love love Essie and their products, at first I was a bit wary. I had just brought a lovely new nail polish colour and when I tested it at home the consistency was rather watery and the polish seemed to bleed around my nail bed. After feeling slightly disheartened by the outcome of this amazing nail polish brand I decided to give it another go. This time was far better but I did sit and shake the bottle throughly for a while to shake up the polish.

Essie also makes a great alternative to Nails Inc. a nail polish brand I rave about and cannot sing their praises enough! They are also cheaper, retailing for around £7.99 compared to £11.

Anyway, I am utterly thrilled with Essie nail polishes now and shaking the bottle really well before applying is something I naturally do now before using this brand. I shake before using any brand but make sure you do really well with this one!

This manicure Monday's look is something like this....


No comments:

Post a Comment